Ghost Spider S Counterbalance
Extensive testing with Tour professionals influenced every detail of the new Ghost Spider S – one of the most stable putters TaylorMade has ever created. In addition to its new, tour-inspired shape, the Ghost Spider S is revolutionary in terms of control and feel, delivering an off-the-charts MOI measurement of 6,030 -- dramatically higher than previous TaylorMade mallets like the Ghost Manta (4,900) and Corza Ghost (3,830).
The exceptionally high MOI makes Ghost Spider S extremely stable on off-center hits, and it also makes it easier to control the head and square the face to the ball at impact, a key benefit that has been consistently called out by the Tour pros who have put it in play.
We didn’t stop there. We explored ways to actually help you make a better stroke. The answer lay in counterbalancing -- the addition of weight to the grip-end to counter the weight of the clubhead. Counterbalancing increases the MOI of the entire club, making it easier to keep the head “on-path” to help you start the ball on your intended line. We call this benefit “Stroke Stability,” and the feeling is so distinctive that a golfer can sense it immediately.
- 6000 MOI makes it easy to square the face at impact to start the ball on your intended line
- 6000 MOI delivers tremendous twist-resistance on the backswing and off-center hits
- 6000 MOI promotes phenomenal distance control for more one-putts and fewer three-putts
- Heavy grip counterbalances head-weight to help you swing the head smoothly and on path
- Tour-designed crown flows smoothly into the outer frame for less distraction
- Black/white frame and single white center-line promotes focus, accurate aim and stroke awareness
- PureRoll Surlyn® insert promotes incredibly soft-yet-solid feel and smooth roll off the face