TaylorMade's Dustin Johnson Earns PGA TOUR Player of the Year Honors
Johnson also captures Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer Awards After Strongest Season on Tour
Culminating the best season of his career, Dustin Johnson was named the 2016 PGA TOUR Player of the Year on Tuesday; the award is voted on by his fellow players on Tour.
During the 2015-'16 season, Johnson captured three wins on Tour, which included his first major championship at the U.S. Open at Oakmont. In his 22 starts this season, the 32-year-old Johnson carded a PGA TOUR best fifteen top-10 finishes en route to his rise to a career-high #2 in the OWGR.
Through the '15-'16 season, Johnson has claimed victory on the PGA TOUR in nine consecutive seasons, the longest current streak on Tour.
Johnson's Wins This Season:
- U.S. Open (67-69-71-69) | -4
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational (69-73-66-66) | -6
- BMW Championship (67-63-68-67) | -23
Johnson's '15-'16 Campaign By the Numbers:
- 69.172 Scoring Average (#1)
- $9,365,185 earnings (#1)
- Final FedExCup Rank (#2)
- 4.45 Birdie Average (#1)
- 313.6 Driving Distance (#2)
- 1,993 SG Total (#2)
Current TaylorMade Equipment In Johnson's Bag:
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred UDI #2 / Project X HZRDUS Black 105 X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel