Dustin Johnson Stages Monumental Comeback at Oakmont, Wins 116th U.S. Open Championship For First Career Major Title
116th US OPEN: OAKMONT COUNTRY CLUB, PITTSBURGH, PA
From four shots back, Johnson overpowers Oakmont using bag filled with TaylorMade Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball and wearing adidas Golf footwear & apparel.
- Johnson's win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X.
- He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship. Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak).
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont's speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2.
- He has Project X's HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson's win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
Dustin Johnson added a UDI in the 2-iron variation. Like Rosey, DJ dropped his usual 5-wood to take advantage of Oakmont’s speedy fairways.
M1 460 10.5° Driver Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
M1 17° Fairway Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
Tour Preferred UDI #2 Iron Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
3-PW TP MB Irons True Temper DG Tour Issue X100 shafts
Tour Preferred EF Chrome 52° Tour Grind + 60° Tour Grind KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #1 (in aspirations to 1-putt every hole)