Jason Day goes wire-to-wire to win 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship
In winning the 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship, world no.1 Jason Day joins just four other players to win THE PLAYERS, a major and a WGC during their career.
What you need to know:
- Day went wire-to-wire at THE PLAYERS, following an opening 63 (-9) which equalled the course record
- This is his 10th PGA TOUR win and 7th in his last 17 starts since the 2015 RBC Canadian Open
- Jason has now won eight times since the start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour season - the most of any PGA Tour player in that timeframe
- Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1", the same driver he's played since last year's BMW Championship.
- Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7).
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day's Winning Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- M2 Fairway / 17* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 & 52 (Tour Grind), 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60 respectively)
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #87 (Year of Birth)
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
MORE ON JASON DAY'S APPAREL & FOOTWEAR
Throughout the week, Jason Day wore a climacool® 3-Stripes polo, which features UPF50+ fabric for sun protection, in the key summer colorways of stone, mineral blue, shock mint, and eqt pink.
Jason Day wins wearing the TOUR360 BOA BOOST. Featuring full-length boost™, a BOA-integrated 360LOOP connected to the 360WRAP for custom fit and stability, an S-shape heal that follows the natural contour of the foot, and a new TORSION TUNNEL for independent flexibility and control between the heel and forefoot, this is the third time this season Day has won wearing the new footwear.
View Jason's apparel & footwear here: JASON DAY