TaylorMade's Jason Day Wins WGC Dell Match Play, Retakes #1 Spot in OWGR
What you need to know:
- With his 9th PGA TOUR win and 6th in his last 13 starts, Day retakes the #1 position in the OWGR. He is guaranteed to be #1 heading into the season's first major championship.
- Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1", the same driver he's played since last year's BMW Championship.
- Depending on the course, Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi 2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7).
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, at Austin CC he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day's Winning Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- AeroBurner TP Fairway / 16.5* (plays to 14.5*) / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi 2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 (Tour Grind), 52 & 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60* respectively)
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
- Climachill 3-Stripes Polo
- adidas Golf 3-Stripes Pant