TaylorMade's Jason Day Wins Arnold Palmer Invitational, Moves to 2nd in OWGR
What you need to know:
- With his 8th PGA TOUR win and 5th in his last 12 starts, Day moves up to second in the OWGR.
- With 46 drivers in play (38.3% of the field) 35 of them being M1, TaylorMade was the #1 driver brand and model at the API.
- Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1", which he first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship, where he was victorious.
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, at Bay Hill he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
- Day is the tournament's 4th wire-to-wire winner and its first since 2002.
In Jason Day's Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- AeroBurner TP Fairway / 16.5* (plays to 14.5*) / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges 47 (Tour Grind), 52 & 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60* respectively)