Kevin Chappell Secures First PGA TOUR win at TPC San Antonio with Complete Set of TaylorMade Metalwoods
Chappell’s playoff victory at the Valero Texas Open marks first career PGA TOUR win and the 22nd win for TaylorMade drivers this season across worldwide Tours.
Using a powerful combination of his M1 driver and M1 fairway woods off the tee, Chappell became victorious in the Lone Star State after finishing with an impressive 4.383 Strokes Gained: Off The Tee. Even more striking was his confident final-round performance, wrapping things up with 71.43% driving accuracy on Sunday.
What You Need To Know:
- The win earned Chappell his first PGA TOUR victory.
- Including Chappell, 7 of the top-10 finishers played TaylorMade metalwoods.
- Chappell had 6 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR prior this week
- This was Chappell’s first win in 180 starts.
- Chappell tested all metalwood manufacturers after last year’s Tour Championship, ultimately choosing TaylorMade after a week extensive testing with his coach.
- Moves to 21st in the 2017 FedExCup Standings
- Lifts to #23 in the OWGR with victory.
- With 77 in play, TaylorMade dominated the driver count at 49.4%.
Kevin Chappell’s Winning Metalwoods Setup:
- ’16 M1 460 driver / 10.5° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 75TX
- ’17 M1 fairway / 15° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 85TX
- ‘17 M1 fairway / 19° / Aldila 2KNV Blue 85TX
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.