Sergio Garcia Goes Wire-to-Wire to Win Omega Dubai Desert Classic, Elevates into Top Ten of OWGR
Garcia doMinates in the Desert Playing New M Metalwoods, P750 Irons, Milled Grind Wedges & TP5 Golf Ball as New 2017 M drivers collect their FOURTH consecutive global win
CARLSBAD, CA. (February 5, 2017) - Sergio Garcia claimed his 12th European Tour title as he completed a dominant wire-to-wire performance at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. Playing a full bag of new 2017 TaylorMade equipment, including the new 2017 M2 Driver and TP5 golf ball, Garcia set the tone for the tournament with an opening 65 and never looked back.
Sergio Garcia in his all-new 2017 M2 Driver
Garcia continued his momentum and finished strong with a bogey-free round 69 to get to -19, besting his nearest competitor by three shots.
What You Need To Know:
- This win marks Garcia's 12th win on the European Tour and moves Garcia back into the top ten of the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Garcia's win marks the 4th consecutive win for 2017 M drivers in 2017: Storm @ BMW SA Open, Swafford @ CareerBuilder Challenge, Rahm @ Farmers Insurance Open and Garcia @ Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
- Garcia plays the 2017 M2 Driver, 9.5* with the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X.
- TaylorMade had 46% driver and 42% fairway wood counts at the tournament, both of which led all manufacturers by substantial margins.
- The 2017 M1 440 was the No.1 Driver model at Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
- Garcia claimed the second global victory for the new TP5 golf ball (Rahm / Farmers Insurance Open).
- Garcia also played the new P750 Tour Proto irons with Nippon Modus 130 X shafts throughout the set.
Sergio Garcia: new TP5 ball, TP Juno Putter and P750 Tour Proto Irons
What’s In Garcia’s Bag?
- 2017 M2 Driver / 9.5* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- 2017 M1 Fairway / 15* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- 2017 M1 Fairway / 19* / Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80 X
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 3-PW / Nippon Modus 130 X
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52 & 58
- TP Collection Juno Putter
- TP5 Golf Ball
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.