TaylorMade's Dustin Johnson Earns PGA TOUR Player of the Year Honors
Johnson also captures Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer Awards After Strongest Season on Tour
Culminating the best season of his career, Dustin Johnson was named the 2016 PGA TOUR Player of the Year on Tuesday; the award is voted on by his fellow players on Tour.
During the 2015-'16 season, Johnson captured three wins on Tour, which included his first major championship at the U.S. Open at Oakmont. In his 22 starts this season, the 32-year-old Johnson carded a PGA TOUR best fifteen top-10 finishes en route to his rise to a career-high #2 in the OWGR.
Through the '15-'16 season, Johnson has claimed victory on the PGA TOUR in nine consecutive seasons, the longest current streak on Tour.
Johnson's Wins This Season:
- U.S. Open (67-69-71-69) | -4
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational (69-73-66-66) | -6
- BMW Championship (67-63-68-67) | -23
Johnson's '15-'16 Campaign By the Numbers:
- 69.172 Scoring Average (#1)
- $9,365,185 earnings (#1)
- Final FedExCup Rank (#2)
- 4.45 Birdie Average (#1)
- 313.6 Driving Distance (#2)
- 1,993 SG Total (#2)
Current TaylorMade Equipment In Johnson's Bag:
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred UDI #2 / Project X HZRDUS Black 105 X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.