Dustin Johnson Stages Monumental Comeback at Oakmont, Wins 116th U.S. Open Championship For First Career Major Title
116th US OPEN: OAKMONT COUNTRY CLUB, PITTSBURGH, PA
From four shots back, Johnson overpowers Oakmont using bag filled with TaylorMade Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball and wearing adidas Golf footwear & apparel.
- Johnson's win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X.
- He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship. Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak).
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont's speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2.
- He has Project X's HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson's win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
Dustin Johnson added a UDI in the 2-iron variation. Like Rosey, DJ dropped his usual 5-wood to take advantage of Oakmont’s speedy fairways.
M1 460 10.5° Driver Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X
M1 17° Fairway Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
Tour Preferred UDI #2 Iron Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
3-PW TP MB Irons True Temper DG Tour Issue X100 shafts
Tour Preferred EF Chrome 52° Tour Grind + 60° Tour Grind KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #1 (in aspirations to 1-putt every hole)
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.