TaylorMade's Jason Day Wins WGC Dell Match Play, Retakes #1 Spot in OWGR
What you need to know:
- With his 9th PGA TOUR win and 6th in his last 13 starts, Day retakes the #1 position in the OWGR. He is guaranteed to be #1 heading into the season's first major championship.
- Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1", the same driver he's played since last year's BMW Championship.
- Depending on the course, Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi 2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7).
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, at Austin CC he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day's Winning Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- AeroBurner TP Fairway / 16.5* (plays to 14.5*) / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi 2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 (Tour Grind), 52 & 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60* respectively)
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
- Climachill 3-Stripes Polo
- adidas Golf 3-Stripes Pant
Download PDFDownload PDF
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 55,000 employees and generated sales of EUR 17 billion.