Tour Preferred CB Irons
The Ultimate Union of Speed and Precision
“Tour Preferred” is an attitude and an aptitude. It’s a skill for understanding, designing, building and maintaining golf equipment for the better player. TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred irons have long been revered by tour professionals for striking the ideal balance of look, feel, sound and performance. That comes from our unique and unparalleled ability to interpret the observations of tour professionals and turn them into reality through the union of innovative technologies and artful design. The result: irons that please the eye and live up to the skills of the better player.
Tour Preferred CB is a full-fledged cavity back that maintains the shape of a player’s iron and the elegant look of a blade when soled behind the ball. The Speed Pocket in the 3- through 7-iron features “micro-slots” to promote faster ball speed across the face and higher launch, which promote more distance. That helps make the Tour Preferred CB one of the longest player’s iron that TaylorMade has ever created. Short-iron heads are compact with minimal offset, while the long and middle iron heads are slightly larger with progressive offset for more stability and easier launch.
All three Tour Preferred models are offered in 3-iron through PW, feature a hand-polished satin nickel-chrome finish and are equipped with KBS Tour steel shafts and tour velvet grips. Custom shafts and grips are available.
- Art and science converge to create the ultimate combination of speed, stability and clean design.
- Ideal iron for the better player who wants maximum performance technology in a compact and elegant head shape.
- Speed Pocket™ in 3- through 7-irons increases ball speed low on the face to deliver more consistent ballspeed and launch conditions across the entire face.
- Beautifully shaped sole for better players who prefer slightly more effective bounce.
- Compact short-irons with minimal offset, slightly larger mid- and long-irons with progressively more offset.
- Stronger lofts due to higher launch angle generated by the Speed Pocket for an optimal combination of distance and controlled trajectory.
- Hand-polished satin nickel-chrome finish preferred by better players.