AND YOU THOUGHT IRONS NEVER CHANGED
The goal with the SLDR Iron was to build a classic looking iron and infuse it with the latest performance technologies from TaylorMade. By doing this, we are able to reach a wider audience of golfers, especially those who prefer a slim, compact shape but are also looking for maximum performance in their iron set.
When designing a smaller player’s iron, the challenge from an engineering standpoint was to implement new technologies which delivers speed, high launch and distance. This is difficult to do because you have less real estate to work with vs standard Game Improvement Irons that have thicker top-lines, soles and overall club size. To build the SLDR iron with our best distance-enhancing technologies, we completely redesigned our Speed Pocket, making it extend all the way through the head into the main cavity, we call it ThruSlot Technology. This enables the head to be much more flexible providing ball speed, consistency across the face and a higher launch angle.
The SLDR iron delivers on all of the performance promises you have come to trust from TaylorMade - Speed, High Launch, Consistency and Distance as well as tremendous Sound and Feel - but in a refined, classic shape. This beautiful machine combines the best design and performance that can only come from the #1 Iron Company in Golf.
Key Features & Benefits of SLDR irons:
- Speed Pocket with NEW ThruSlot Technology promotes fast speed and high launch across the clubface
- Modern-classic blended shape, slim topline and thinner slow for superb look and playability
- Complex vibration-dampening system delivers Tour-caliber sound and feel
- Consistent gapping and precise distance control throughout the set
- NEW KBS Tour C-Taper 90 shaft designed to promote high launch and spin control